Sunday, January 22, 2012

10 lessons I've learned in '12.


So, I guess it's official. We're 22 days into the year twenty-twelve. And, oh boy, it's been an eventful year so far, hasn't it? Well... Maybe not for everyone, but so far this year I have:
A) Accepted a significant promotion at work.
B) Dropped out of college (Or rather, dropped this semester).
And, C) Journeyed closer than ever to accepting every aspect of myself.

With these events that I feel hold significance in my life, also came a lot of sleepless nights, anxiety, joy, solace, shaking, and more importantly, life lessons. Amongst all the things I've learned about myself during the past three weeks, ten epiphanies stick out, in particular.

1. Question everything, including your own ambitions.

2. “Determine what success looks like in YOUR head, and pursue it.”

3. I am young and time does not have to be a burden.

4. Opportunities come in innumerable forms. Identify them.

5. The factors that brought me to this point will contribute to my future.

6. The way we hold our hearts is just as important as the way we hold our heads.

7. The “voice of approval” isn’t nearly as important as the “voice of character.”

8. Loneliness can be embraced. Emptiness cannot.

9. Life isn’t just the gift of existence, but can also be a gift of purpose.

10. I don’t know who I am, but that’s part of who I am.

     I think all of these statements deserve explanations, and I've actually written up a little something to go with almost every item of my list, but I'm not happy with them quite yet. I think I'll post my explanations, one day at a time, on my tumblr. (loganmmm.tumblr.com) ... Mostly because I just started that thing, and I need something worth while to post over there... And the formatting is strange on blogger.
     Plus, if you're interested in my life, I'm going to make you work for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment